Also known as lobbing, the clear shot is the most important badminton shot especially in a Singles Game. It is commonly used when you need to buy more time for yourself to return to base before the next return.
Likewise, people ask, what is the purpose of the clear in badminton?
In competitive play, the forehand clear is employed as either an attacking shot or defensive shot, with the aim of driving your opponent to the rear court. With the attacking clear, the shuttle travels fast and flat running almost parallel to the ground towards your opponent’s rear court.
Subsequently, how do you do a clear shot?
What are the 5 shot in badminton?
There are five different types of badminton shots or strokes: Serves, clears, smashes, drives and drops.
What is the most difficult skill in badminton?
The backhand clear is considered by most players and coaches to be the most difficult basic stroke in the game, since precise technique is needed in order to muster enough power for the shuttlecock to travel the full length of the court.
What are the three types of clear in badminton?
I divide clears into three broad categories: standard, defensive, and attacking. It’s important to realise, however, that these are only landmarks; an attacking clear, for example, can be more or less attacking (a bit lower, or a bit higher).
What are the most important basic skill in badminton?
17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|1||Grip||Back Hand Forehand|
|2||Stance||Attacking Stance Defensive Stance Net Stance|
|3||Footwork||Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
What are two most important skills in badminton?
The 9 Skills You Need to Play Badminton
- The basic forehand and backhand grip.
- The basic six corners footwork.
- The split step or the ready stance.
- The basic shots.
- Perception and anticipation.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Rhythm and timing.
- Tactical and strategic thinking.
What are the 6 types of shots in badminton?
6 types of Badminton shots to improve your game | Playo
- 1) Defensive Shots. These shots are utilised when you’re backed into a corner and need a break from your opponent’s constant harrying. …
- 2) The Clear Shot. …
- 3) The Drive Shot. …
- 5) The Drop Shot. …
- 6) The Smash.
What are the 8 basic shots in badminton?
Basic Badminton Shots
- Clear shot. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. Played from: Back court. …
- Drop. Trajectory: Looping close to the net. …
- Drive. Trajectory: Flat, towards the body. …
- Smash. Trajectory: Close to the net. …
- Net Lift. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. …
- Net Kill. Trajectory: Flat and downwards.
Can you smash a serve in badminton?
Can you smash a serve in badminton? If you’re able to, then yes. Short serves are impossible to smash because they’re hit so low over the net. If the opponent flicks or has a particularly loose serve then, by all means, try to smash it.