Clear – A shot hit deep to the opponent’s back boundar>Nine. The high clear is a defensive shot, while the flatter attacking clear is used offensively.
In this way, what is the purpose of a clear shot in badminton?
The aim of the clear shot is to cause the shuttle to go up high in the air and land at your opponent’s backcourt. The clear shot is one of the easiest badminton techniques; beginners should aim to master the Defensive Clear Shot to play longer rallies against your opponents.
Aim of this shot is to let the shuttle fly high in the air and land at your opponent’s back court. It is used when you need time to get back to the base before the next return or if you don’t have a clear opportunity to kill and win the point.
Beside above, how do you perform the clear shot in badminton?
What are the 6 basic skills in badminton?
The basic six corners footwork
- Travelling to the forehand side of the net.
- Travelling to the backhand side of the net.
- Covering the forehand mid-court.
- Covering the backhand mid-court.
- Moving to the forehand rear-court.
- Moving to the backhand rear-court.
What are the 5 shot in badminton?
There are five different types of badminton shots or strokes: Serves, clears, smashes, drives and drops.
What are the three types of clear in badminton?
I divide clears into three broad categories: standard, defensive, and attacking. It’s important to realise, however, that these are only landmarks; an attacking clear, for example, can be more or less attacking (a bit lower, or a bit higher).
What is the most difficult skill in badminton?
The backhand clear is considered by most players and coaches to be the most difficult basic stroke in the game, since precise technique is needed in order to muster enough power for the shuttlecock to travel the full length of the court.
Can you smash a serve in badminton?
Can you smash a serve in badminton? If you’re able to, then yes. Short serves are impossible to smash because they’re hit so low over the net. If the opponent flicks or has a particularly loose serve then, by all means, try to smash it.
What are the 8 types of shots in badminton?
Types of Badminton Shots: Learn to Use the Badminton Clear, Drop Shot, Net Shot and Smash to Win Rallies
- Defensive Badminton Clear/Lob. …
- Badminton Drop Shot. …
- Badminton Smash. …
- Badminton Jump Smash. …
- Badminton Net Shot (Tumbling/Spinning Net Shot) …
- Badminton Net Kill. …
- Defensive Badminton Net Lift. …
- Badminton Drive.
What are the four common shots in badminton?
There are 4 basic strokes:
- Overhead forehand – the most common we see, the first to learn.
- Overhead backhand – many people’s main weakness.
- Underarm forehand – a low shot on the forehand side.
- Underarm backhand – a low shot on the backhand side.
What are the four common shots or strikes in badminton?
Basically there are 4 common strokes in badminton; which include the:
- Overhead Forehand Stroke.
- Overhead Backhand Stroke.
- Underarm Forehand Stroke.
- Underarm Backhand Stroke.