The aim of the clear shot is to cause the shuttle to go up high in the air and land at your opponent’s backcourt. The clear shot is one of the easiest badminton techniques; beginners should aim to master the Defensive Clear Shot to play longer rallies against your opponents.
Then, what is clear and lob in badminton?
The badminton attacking clear (or attacking lob) is basically a normal badminton lob, but with an offensive purpose. The attacking clear is used to get your opponent out of position to return a weak shot. … The badminton attacking clear will have the shuttle flying much lower than the defensive clear.
Accordingly, what is the most difficult skill in badminton?
The backhand clear is considered by most players and coaches to be the most difficult basic stroke in the game, since precise technique is needed in order to muster enough power for the shuttlecock to travel the full length of the court.
What are the 5 basic shots badminton?
There are five different types of badminton shots or strokes: Serves, clears, smashes, drives and drops.
What are the 8 basic shots in badminton?
Basic Badminton Shots
- Clear shot. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. Played from: Back court. …
- Drop. Trajectory: Looping close to the net. …
- Drive. Trajectory: Flat, towards the body. …
- Smash. Trajectory: Close to the net. …
- Net Lift. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. …
- Net Kill. Trajectory: Flat and downwards.
How many phases does a lob have in badminton?
The badminton stroke consists of four basic phases (illustrated in Figure 2): backswing, forward swing, contact, and follow-through.
What are the badminton rules?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
What is fault in badminton?
The most common fault in badminton is when the players fail to return the shuttlecock so that it passes over the net and lands inside their opponents’ court, but there are also other ways that players may be faulted. … It is a fault if the shuttlecock hits the ceiling.
How do you clear a badminton overhead?
What is an underhand clear in badminton?
The Badminton Underarm Clear does not require you to flick/snap your wrist as you hit the shuttle. You only perform the quick and snapping motion of your wrist for shots such as the Overhead Backhand Clear. Focus on your swing motion; your strokes! Use your Non-Racket Arm for Balance.