The forehand clear shot enables players to move their opponent to the back of the court. This will create space in the mid and front court to exploit and provide time for the player to return to their base position.
Regarding this, how do you do a forehand clear in badminton?
Here are the steps for the Badminton Overhead Clear.
- Move into position and get behind the shuttle. …
- Raise your Racket Arm and Non-Racket Arm.
- Your body should face sideways with your feet pointing slightly sideways. …
- Commence your Forehand Stroke. …
- Take the shuttle at the Highest Point possible. …
- Complete a Full Arm Swing.
Beside this, how do you do a clear shot in badminton?
What is the most difficult skill in badminton?
The backhand clear is considered by most players and coaches to be the most difficult basic stroke in the game, since precise technique is needed in order to muster enough power for the shuttlecock to travel the full length of the court.
There are five different types of badminton shots or strokes: Serves, clears, smashes, drives and drops.
The 9 Skills You Need to Play Badminton
- The basic forehand and backhand grip.
- The basic six corners footwork.
- The split step or the ready stance.
- The basic shots.
- Perception and anticipation.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Rhythm and timing.
- Tactical and strategic thinking.
The four parts of a forehand swing are ready, turn, swing, and hit.