To play badminton, players will need a net, a shuttlecock, and at least two rackets. The net crosses the center of the badminton court. It needs to be 5 feet 1 inch high at both ends and 5 feet high in the center.
Correspondingly, what are the 5 equipment in badminton?
Badminton – Equipment
- Badminton Racket. Modern Badminton Rackets are light in weight and don’t weigh more than 100 grams. …
- Shuttlecock. Sixteen feathers fixed in a cork base enveloped in a thin leather sheet make a shuttlecock. …
- Badminton Shoes. …
- Badminton Accessories.
In this regard, what do badminton players wear?
Male badminton players wear sleeved or sleeveless polyester shirts, polyester shorts, thick socks, and badminton shoes. Female badminton players wear sleeved or sleeveless polyester shirts, polyester skirts, polyester shorts, or polyester skorts, thick socks, and badminton shoes.
What are the equipment used in badminton and their uses?
The essential pieces of equipment to buy for badminton are the racket, the net, and the shuttlecock. You will need nothing else to play the game of badminton than these three items, and anything else is to add to the experience only.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
In this article, we cover the four basic equipment and gear required for a game of badminton.
- Badminton Racket. Badminton rackets can be made from several types of materials. …
- Shuttlecock. There are two types of shuttlecocks – plastic and feathered shuttlecocks. …
- Badminton Shoes. …
- Badminton Attire.
This means a badminton court has four service courts each of which is 3.96m (13 ft) long and 2.59m (8.5 ft) wide.
17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|1||Grip||Back Hand Forehand|
|2||Stance||Attacking Stance Defensive Stance Net Stance|
|3||Footwork||Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
Is Lin Dan on the decline or is it the start of something new? Born in Fujiyan China, Lin Dan (or Super Dan as his fans appropriately call him), is considered as the greatest of all players to have ever played the game of badminton.
Saina Nehwal is the first Indian badminton player to become world No. 1.