To play badminton, players will need a net, a shuttlecock, and at least two rackets. The net crosses the center of the badminton court. It needs to be 5 feet 1 inch high at both ends and 5 feet high in the center.
Hereof, what are 3 items of badminton?
The essential pieces of equipment to buy for badminton are the racket, the net, and the shuttlecock.
Also question is, what are the 8 parts of badminton racket?
Parts of a Badminton Racket
- Materials. Traditionally, badminton frames have been made out of wood. …
- Frame. The body of the racket itself is called the frame. …
- Head. The head of the racket is the ring of material that holds the strings in place. …
- Stringed Area. …
- Throat. …
- Shaft. …
- Handle. …
- Handles and Heads.
What are the five rules of badminton?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
What are badminton balls called?
What is the basic skills of badminton?
17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|1||Grip||Back Hand Forehand|
|2||Stance||Attacking Stance Defensive Stance Net Stance|
|3||Footwork||Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
What are badminton rules?
According to badminton rules and regulations for doubles, the side of doubles that win a rally adds a point to its score. When both sides reach 20 all, the side which gains a 2-point lead first, wins that game. When both sides reach 29 all, the side scoring the 30th point, wins that game.
What are the court dimensions for badminton?
Badminton court size
A standard badminton court is marked for both the singles and the doubles game. The court has two halves measuring 6.7m (22 ft) each and separated by a badminton net that stands 1.55m (5ft 1in) high at the ends and dips to 1.52m (5 ft) in the middle.