To play badminton, players will need a net, a shuttlecock, and at least two rackets. The net crosses the center of the badminton court. It needs to be 5 feet 1 inch high at both ends and 5 feet high in the center.
In this regard, how does the supplies and equipment is important in the game badminton?
Why is it important? If you play badminton regularly and intensely, there’s a higher chance of injury if you don’t have suitable equipment for badminton. It’ll be worthwhile to invest in decent badminton equipment if you enjoy the game and want quicker improvement.
Then, what are the basic skills of badminton?
Here are nine basic skills you need to learn to play Badminton:
- Knowing how to warm up properly.
- The basic forehand and backhand grip.
- The basic six corners footwork.
- The split step or the ready stance.
- The basic shots.
- Perception and anticipation.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Rhythm and timing.
How do you handle equipment in badminton?
To achieve this, make sure you:
- Do not grip your racquet too tightly. This will make your wrist less flexible in rotating and flicking.
- Use ONLY your thumb, index, and middle finger to control the racket. Your last 2 fingers should rest comfortably on the badminton grip to balance the weight of the racquet.
Benefits of Badminton
- Badminton is a Total Body Workout. …
- Socialising. …
- Badminton Improves Your Mental Wellbeing. …
- Heart Health. …
- Badminton Helps Reduce Health Risks. …
- Increased Life Expectancy. …
- Improved Mobility. …
- Badminton is a Flexible Exercise.