The essential pieces of equipment to buy for badminton are the racket, the net, and the shuttlecock.
Also, what are the 5 equipments of badminton?
5 Pieces of Equipment All Serious Badminton Players Need
- Badminton Racket. Of course, you will need a badminton racket if you plan on playing badminton! …
- Racket weight. …
- Badminton Racket Strings. …
- Racket Grip size. …
- Grips. …
- Grip Powder. …
Herein, what is the terminology of badminton?
Alley – Extension of the court by l 1/2 feet on both sides for doubles play. Back Alley – Area between the back boundary line and the long service line for doubles. Backcourt – Back third of the court, in the area of the back boundary lines.
What are the two most important skills in badminton?
Here are nine basic skills you need to learn to play Badminton:
- The basic forehand and backhand grip.
- The basic six corners footwork.
- The split step or the ready stance.
- The basic shots.
- Perception and anticipation.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Rhythm and timing.
- Tactical and strategic thinking.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
Types of Shuttlecocks:
- Feather Shuttlecocks.
- Plastic/Synthetic Shuttlecocks.
- Hybrid Shuttlecocks.