17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|3||Footwork||Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
|5||Smash||Fore Hand Smash Back Hand Smash Jumping Smash|
Keeping this in view, what are the 5 basic skills in badminton?
The 5 Basic Badminton Skills (With Examples, Videos and Images)
Herein, what are the teaching points of badminton?
The badminton basic serve
- Stand in position on the balls of your feet, with knees slightly flexed, within the service box.
- Left elbow should be fully extended at chest height pointing towards the target area you are aiming to return the shuttlecock.
What is the most difficult skill in badminton?
The backhand clear is considered by most players and coaches to be the most difficult basic stroke in the game, since precise technique is needed in order to muster enough power for the shuttlecock to travel the full length of the court.
These are the four main types of services in badminton and most can be executed with either your forehand or backhand.
- Low serve. …
- High serve. …
- Flick serve. …
- Drive Serve.
In badminton, the forehand clear is the first and most essential skill for novices to learn. Most beginners will start learning badminton by going through rallies – continuously hitting the shuttlecock high up in the air back and forth for as long as possible.
The 4 grips used in badminton are:
- Forehand grip.
- Backhand grip.
- Bevel grip.
- Panhandle grip.
The badminton smash is considered the most powerful shot in badminton and is usually played on the forehand. It is often difficult to return because of the pace and the downward angle of the shot, think of it as a downwards drive. It is best used when the shuttle is high in the air so that it can be angled downwards.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.