17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|3||Footwork||Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
|5||Smash||Fore Hand Smash Back Hand Smash Jumping Smash|
Hereof, what are the 5 basic skills in badminton?
The 5 Basic Badminton Skills (With Examples, Videos and Images)
Similarly, how do you train yourself to play badminton?
What are the 4 types of serves in badminton?
These are the four main types of services in badminton and most can be executed with either your forehand or backhand.
- Low serve. …
- High serve. …
- Flick serve. …
- Drive Serve.
The backhand clear is considered by most players and coaches to be the most difficult basic stroke in the game, since precise technique is needed in order to muster enough power for the shuttlecock to travel the full length of the court.
In badminton, the forehand clear is the first and most essential skill for novices to learn. Most beginners will start learning badminton by going through rallies – continuously hitting the shuttlecock high up in the air back and forth for as long as possible.
Basic Badminton Shots
- Clear shot. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. Played from: Back court. …
- Drop. Trajectory: Looping close to the net. …
- Drive. Trajectory: Flat, towards the body. …
- Smash. Trajectory: Close to the net. …
- Net Lift. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. …
- Net Kill. Trajectory: Flat and downwards.
There are five different types of badminton shots or strokes: Serves, clears, smashes, drives and drops.
Around 3-5 months of badminton coaching, 2 hours a weeks on a consistent basis should be enough to learn these skills. Aside from the 2 hours coaching a week, the child should play at least one more session, either with friends or family, to perfect the skills.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.