Then, who is the current national badminton champion?
Saina Nehwal beats PV Sindhu, HS Prannoy overcomes Srikanth in the Badminton Nationals finals.
Beside this, who is the youngest badminton player to win a national championship?
Padukone won the national senior championship in 1971 at age 16, thereby becoming the youngest player to have achieved the feat. He won each successive national championship until 1979, setting a record of nine national titles in a row. In 1978 he won the singles badminton gold medal at the Commonwealth Games.
Who is known as father of badminton?
Nandu Natekar was a true artist of his art (Badminton). Natekar first represented India in 1953 at the age of 20. He is referred as the father of Indian Badminton and was the first Indian badminton player to get an international medal for the nation.
Pusarla Venkata Sindhu
BWF World Rankings
|COUNTRY / TERRITORY
|CHOU Tien Chen
|Badminton in India
|Badminton Association of India
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
Japan’s Kento Momota has retained the top spot, with 109118 point. Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen found himself in the second position, while his compatriot Anders Antonsen is ranked 3rd.
Badminton World Federation
|Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia