The Badminton Court shall be a rectangle laid out with lines of 40mm wide, preferably in white or yellow color. …
In respect to this, what is the area required for badminton court?
The dimensions of a badminton court are 20 ft x 44 ft (6.1 m x 13.4 m), an area of 880 ft2 (81.75 m2). The diagonal length of the full court is 48.30 ft (14.72 m). Both singles and doubles are played on the same standard court.
Similarly one may ask, what are the badminton rules?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
What is badminton court size?
The badminton court is 13.4m long and 6.1m wide. For singles the court is marked 5.18m wide. The lines marking out the court are easily distinguishable and coloured white or yellow. The lines are 40mm wide.
Types of badminton courts
- Wooden court.
- Synthetic court (PVC/PU)
- Acrylic court.
- Cement Court (not recommended)
A badminton court has two lines that run vertically and two lines that run horizontally. In singles, the court is long and narrow and thus we use the inner two vertical lines and the horizontal back line. Anything that lands within the box or right on those lines is in, and anything outside those lines is out.