The Badminton Court shall be a rectangle laid out with lines of 40mm wide, preferably in white or yellow color. …
In this way, what is the purpose of badminton court?
The courts are meant to provide cushion and comfort to shuttlers who crisscross the playing surface to deceive their opponents with smashes and clever strokes to win points. Hence keeping the court surface prim and proper is mandatory. A badminton court provides for two types of competition — singles and doubles.
Herein, what are the badminton rules?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
What is badminton court size?
The badminton court is 13.4m long and 6.1m wide. For singles the court is marked 5.18m wide. The lines marking out the court are easily distinguishable and coloured white or yellow. The lines are 40mm wide.