Badminton is a fun active sport which is an easy game to practice with few painless rules. It boosts up your muscles, adds strength to the muscles, improves blood flow rate and the benefits are endless. Apart from physical benefits there are mental advantages of playing badminton too.
One may also ask, what badminton can help us?
Top 10 Health Benefits Of Playing Badminton!
- Helps to stay fit and lose weight. …
- Helps in maintaining physique and muscle toning. …
- Improves metabolic rate. …
- Increases concentration and reflex action. …
- Improves heart functioning. …
- Improves muscle strength and flexibility. …
- Increases bone density. …
- Decreases the risk of diabetes.
Additionally, why is badminton important to our daily fitness?
Because badminton promotes physical fitness, it helps to reduce stress and anxiety. … The extra physical activity helps to keep your mind relaxed and alleviated stress on your body. This game is not less than an exercise and when you exercise, the brain helps you to relax and improve your mood.
What are the 6 basic skills in badminton?
17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|3||Footwork||Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
|5||Smash||Fore Hand Smash Back Hand Smash Jumping Smash|
Characteristics of Badminton
- Very quick, rapid movement.
- World’s fastest racket sport.
- Requires lots of endurance.
- Short rallies (mostly 6-12 seconds)
- High-intensity rallies.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
Here are nine basic skills you need to learn to play Badminton:
- Knowing how to warm up properly.
- The basic forehand and backhand grip.
- The basic six corners footwork.
- The split step or the ready stance.
- The basic shots.
- Perception and anticipation.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Rhythm and timing.
Badminton Improves Your Mental Wellbeing
Taking part in any form of regular physical activity helps to release our natural feel good happy hormones, endorphins. In turn, this can help reduce depression, anxiety and stress and improve our overall mood and sleep.
Unlike many racquet sports, badminton does not use a ball: badminton uses a feathered projectile known as a shuttlecock. Since the shuttlecock is strongly affected by wind, competitive badminton is always played indoors.
There are many health benefits of playing badminton like increases your heart rate, stretches your muscles, burns the belly fat, reduces the blood sugar level, improves cardiovascular fitness, increases bone strength, the good cholesterol in your body, and many more.
Playing Badminton strengthens the muscles of the heart by unclogging blocked walls leading to a better blood flow. People with pre-existing heart conditions can benefit from playing Badminton (ensure you take proper medical advice). As you age bone density decreases, while some diseases also cause this to happen.