1. Overhead Forehand Stroke: This is probably the most common badminton stroke, and many beginners are usually comfortable in using this, particularly for stronger badminton shots.
In this manner, what are the 6 basic skills of badminton?
Here are 7 basic badminton skills or the fundamental skills of Badminton that you can learn without coaching.
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
|5||Smash||Fore Hand Smash Back Hand Smash Jumping Smash|
Beside this, how should a beginner learn badminton?
What is the most difficult skill in badminton?
The backhand clear is considered by most players and coaches to be the most difficult basic stroke in the game, since precise technique is needed in order to muster enough power for the shuttlecock to travel the full length of the court.
These are the four main types of services in badminton and most can be executed with either your forehand or backhand.
- Low serve. …
- High serve. …
- Flick serve. …
- Drive Serve.
In badminton, the forehand clear is the first and most essential skill for novices to learn. Most beginners will start learning badminton by going through rallies – continuously hitting the shuttlecock high up in the air back and forth for as long as possible.
Basic Badminton Shots
- Clear shot. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. Played from: Back court. …
- Drop. Trajectory: Looping close to the net. …
- Drive. Trajectory: Flat, towards the body. …
- Smash. Trajectory: Close to the net. …
- Net Lift. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. …
- Net Kill. Trajectory: Flat and downwards.
The 4 grips used in badminton are:
- Forehand grip.
- Backhand grip.
- Bevel grip.
- Panhandle grip.
Don’t bring your tennis ground strokes to the badminton court. All those long sweeping ground shots are almost useless on the badminton court – you don’t have time – so play punchy, wristy shots in front of you. Don’t lift to the forecourt or mid court – it will come back with interest!
There are five different types of badminton shots or strokes: Serves, clears, smashes, drives and drops.