Then we’ll describe some basic exercises that range from simple to more difficult.
- Range of motion. …
- Loosen-up stretch. …
- Prayer stretch. …
- Prayer stretch with steeple. …
- Ball squeeze strengthener. …
- Rubber band strengthener. …
- Wrist curls. …
- Resistance band exercise 1.
Hereof, is wrist strength important for badminton?
Badminton wrist action is extremely important in producing powerful shots. Good wrist movement maximizes power and improves control over the direction of the shuttle.
People also ask, how do I stop my wrist from hurting in badminton?
- Support your forearm on a table with palm facing down.
- Hold a weight in the hand of your injured side.
- Use your other hand to bend your wrist up.
- Then let go of your wrist and use just your injured side to lower the weight slowly back to the starting position.
- Repeat 3 sets of 15, 2 times a day.
Do pushups strengthen wrists?
In a pushup position, for example, these muscles help your wrist joints support a large percentage of your body weight. If they are lacking some strength, your wrist can experience excess stress.
- Wrist flexion. Sitting on a bench, rest your forearms on your legs, palms facing up. …
- Wrist extension. Do the same basic exercise as above, but with the palms of your hands facing down. …
- Reverse biceps curl. …
- Zottman curls.
Exercises that you can do to improve your strength for badminton include forward, backward and sideways lunges with weights. Others include squats, leg presses, leg curls, and leg extensions. To improve the strength of the upper body, perform shoulder presses, chest presses, and lat pull downs.
Examples of muscle-strengthening activities include:
- lifting weights.
- working with resistance bands.
- heavy gardening, such as digging and shovelling.
- climbing stairs.
- hill walking.
- push-ups, sit-ups and squats.