Also know, how many phases are there in badminton?
Basic phases of a badminton stroke: backswing (Frames 1-7), forward swing (Frames 7-10), contact (Frame 10), and follow-through (Frames 11-12). The badminton stroke consists of four basic phases (illustrated in Figure 2): backswing, forward swing, contact, and follow-through.
Additionally, what is the preparation phase in badminton?
Preparation Phase: In preparation, the player stands sideways to the net with his/her racket hand facing away from the net and the elbows and shoulders nearly parallel to the horizontal and the racket head held overhead.
What are the most important basic skill in badminton?
17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|1||Grip||Back Hand Forehand|
|2||Stance||Attacking Stance Defensive Stance Net Stance|
|3||Footwork||Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
The badminton smash
Forehand Grip and Backhand Grip
- Forehand grip to hit forehand shots.
- Backhand grip to hit backhand shots.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
These are the top 7 Badminton drills that can help you to improve your playing:
- Badminton Drill #1 – Shadow badminton. …
- Badminton Drill #2 – Wall Rally. …
- Badminton Drill #3 – Multiple Shuttles-Overhead Strokes. …
- Badminton Drill #4 – Multiple Shuttles- Net. …
- Badminton Drill #5 – Half court singles.