There are also disadvantages to playing badminton.
- Sprained Ankle.
- Achilles Tendonitis.
- Tennis Elbow.
- Rotator Cuff Injury.
- Patella Tendonitis.
Consequently, what are the advantages of playing badminton?
Here are 10 benefits of playing badminton:
- · Aids weight loss. As the sport involves a lot of physical activity, you shed a lot of calories as well. …
- Tones your body. …
- Improves heart function. …
- Improves metabolic rate. …
- Increases bone density. …
- Minimizes the risk of diabetes. …
- Increases concentration. …
- Decreases stress.
One may also ask, what are the advantages and disadvantages of sports?
For sport generally
|Promotes new and alternative opportunities||Reduces emotional wellbeing that comes from escaping digital pressures/routines|
|Supports less-wealthy sports to promote themselves||Increases costs to sports and participants|
Is badminton good or bad?
The substantial psychological and physical benefits of playing badminton will also help you boost your mood, reduce stress, and reduce anxiety. Your brain will release endorphins, the brain’s feel-good neurotransmitters, that enhance your sense of well-being.
There are many health benefits of playing badminton like increases your heart rate, stretches your muscles, burns the belly fat, reduces the blood sugar level, improves cardiovascular fitness, increases bone strength, the good cholesterol in your body, and many more.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
During game play, all official badminton rules should be followed to ensure fairness and safety. Teammates should practice communication to avoid collisions and accidental racket strikes. At no time should the shuttlecock be played directly at an opponent. Doing so could lead to eye injuries.
Characteristics of Badminton
- Very quick, rapid movement.
- World’s fastest racket sport.
- Requires lots of endurance.
- Short rallies (mostly 6-12 seconds)
- High-intensity rallies.
15 Health Benefits of Badminton
- Increase Muscle Tone with Regular Badminton Play. …
- Build Stamina and Endurance. …
- Improve Cardiovascular Health. …
- Badminton Benefits Weight Loss. …
- Improve Flexibility with Badminton. …
- Sharpen Your Reflexes. …
- Temporary Stress Relief. …
- Increase Self Esteem.
A Moderate Calorie Burn
HealthStatus notes that badminton burns calories slightly faster than walking at 3 mph and playing doubles tennis, but burns calories slower than singles tennis, half-court basketball, jogging at 5 mph and bicycling between 12 and 14 mph.
While Gym offers you flexibility on the types of equipment and the muscles you want to concentrate on, Sports on the other hand tones your entire body. While you have an intense session at the Gym, you can hit the Badminton courts and relax by playing a game or two.