Badminton Defense Strategy In 3 Simple Ways
- Straight come and cross go. This is a very simple and the most important step. …
- Cross come straight go. It is the opposite of the first one. …
- Hard shot and soft shot. You can combine both, and even you can split it.
Also question is, what are the strategies for scoring in badminton?
- A match consists of the best of 3 games of 21 points.
- Every time there is a serve – there is a point scored.
- The side winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20 all, the side which gains a 2 point lead first, wins that game.
- At 29 all, the side scoring the 30th point, wins that game.
In this regard, what are the 5 basic skills in badminton?
The 5 Basic Badminton Skills (With Examples, Videos and Images)
What are the technical skills of badminton?
17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|1||Grip||Back Hand Forehand|
|2||Stance||Attacking Stance Defensive Stance Net Stance|
|3||Footwork||Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
Force your opponent to run around the court.
- If your opponent hits the shuttle straight at you or to the net, hit the shuttle in a different direction instead of hitting it right back at your opponent, where they will expect it to go.
- You can use long shots to force your opponent to run around the court.
By hitting to the corners, you force him away from his base position. This creates open spaces in his court, where you can hit the shuttlecock. Of course, your opponent will try to recover to an ideal base position after every shot, by moving back towards the centre.
The key to defend a strong smash from your opponent is to adopt the defensive stance. Stand at a position slightly behind the centre of the court to give yourself more time to see flight direction of your opponent’s smash. Do not fear the shuttle.
What is the new serving rule? According to the new rule, “the whole of the shuttle shall be below 1.15 metres from the surface of the court at the instant of being hit by the server’s racket”. Basically, the point of contact at the start of the serve cannot be more than 1.15 meters from the court.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.