6 Table Tennis Tactics
- Play on your opponent’s weaknesses.
- Play consistently and don’t make unforced errors.
- Move your opponent around the table.
- Vary your strokes.
- Vary the speed, spin and direction of your strokes.
- Play to your own strengths.
People also ask, how do you play defense in table tennis?
Moreover, what is attacker in table tennis?
Two types of “winning conditions” In general, there are 2 types of winning condition in table tennis: Powerful forehand attack, and Quick backhand attack: Forehand strong attack. … You can easily control the direction of your attack: to the opponent’s wide forehand, wide backhand, or at his elbow. Backhand quick attack.
What are the three strategies to use when playing the table tennis?
10 Key Tips to Advance Your Table Tennis Game
- Know what spin is on the ball. …
- Compensate for the spin with your racket angle. …
- Use your whole body when you stroke your forehand. …
- Maintain a good ready position. …
- Train your strokes until they are automatic. …
- Use your own table tennis racket. …
- Develop sidespin serves.
A point is won by a player when the opponent cannot hit the ball with a racket over the net and onto the other side of the table. A game is won by being the first player to win 11 points, and be at least 2 points ahead of his or her opponent.
The block shot is a defensive stroke that allows a player to use the speed of their opponent’s shot against them. It needs to be completed straight after the bounce to ensure that the player maintains control of the ball.
The defensive style of play
You make the opponent’s offensive actions as inefficient or risky as possible. This is a reactive approach. The purpose is to get the opponent to do mistakes, not being able to return the stroke. You do this with speed, spin (usually backspin) and placement, with the main focus on spin.