In doubles, the 16 pairs will be divided into four groups. The top two pairs from each group will qualify for the knock-out stages. A fresh draw (only for doubles) will be made for the knock-out stage. Pairs from the same group will be separated in the knock-out stage.
Likewise, what is the age limit for badminton?
Many adults at clubs can be seen playing badminton. Also, many aged and senior citizens can be seen playing badminton at the age of 50-60 years old. Unless and until a person wants to become a world-class shuttler, there is no defined age limit or fitness level; as a result, anyone can play badminton at any age.
People also ask, what is the old name of badminton?
What are the badminton rules?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
Does badminton have 2 bronze medals?
Four medals were awarded in each event, including two bronzes. At the following Games in 1996, had 5 events with the addition of mixed doubles. Since 1996 there is a playoff between the two semi-final losers to determine the sole winner of the bronze medal. This format has continued to 2020 Olympics.