One may also ask, how do you set up a badminton set?
Besides, how do you set up a portable badminton net?
What are badminton balls called?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
The badminton court is 13.4m long and 6.1m wide. For singles the court is marked 5.18m wide. The lines marking out the court are easily distinguishable and coloured white or yellow. The lines are 40mm wide.
Badminton court size
The court has two halves measuring 6.7m (22 ft) each and separated by a badminton net that stands 1.55m (5ft 1in) high at the ends and dips to 1.52m (5 ft) in the middle.
Erect each upright at the center of the sideline and use a mallet to drive the post into the ground. The net should split the court evenly, and the net should be tight between the two uprights. Attach guide wires to stabilize the poles.
The lob or lift shot is a defensive shot in badminton. It is played when the shuttlecock is near the floor. The aim is to lift or lob the shuttlecock over the net and make the shuttlecock fall as near to the baseline as possible without hitting it out. It can be played both with the forehand or backhand.