The simple answer is no, Badminton and Volleyball nets are very different. Volleyball courts are much wider and longer than a Badminton court so the net is much longer. The holes in a Volleyball net are also a lot bigger, Badminton nets being much smaller to stop the shuttle passing through.
Thereof, does a badminton net work for volleyball?
As to the nets, volleyball nets are longer than badminton nets. Also, the holes in Volleyball nets are a lot bigger than those in the Badminton nets. Badminton nets have smaller holes to prevent the shuttlecock from passing through.
Also question is, how tall should a badminton net be?
How high is the volleyball net?
The international net heights for sitting volleyball teams are 3 feet 9.28 inches or 1.15 meters for men’s teams, and 3 feet 5.34 inches or 1.05 meters for women’s teams.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
Similarities of tennis and badminton
A tennis court is 78 feet long and 36 feet wide, whereas a badminton court is 44 feet long and 20 feet wide. The net in badminton, however, is much taller than tennis’. It stands at 5 feet tall, with tennis nets only at 3 feet. The rackets are nearly the same length.
Indoor volleyball shoes usually use gum rubber outsoles. These outsoles get easily damaged in rough outdoor surfaces so you can’t use them for outdoor badminton. … You would only wear them if you have no other shoes to use for badminton.
Top 10 Best badminton Shoes
- ASICS Men’s GEL-Rocket 9.
- ASICS Men’s Upcourt 3 Volleyball Shoes.
- LI-NING Men Saga Lightweight Badminton Shoes.
- ASICS Men’s Gel-Tactic 2 Training Shoes.
- Adidas Men’s Stabil X Volleyball Shoe.
- YONEX Power Cushion 03 Men’s Indoor Court Shoe.
- Mizuno Women’s Wave Lightning Z4 Volleyball Shoes.
Yonex court shoes are suitable for any court sport. In fact, all Yonex shoes at the mid and upper prices points have better gum rubber out soles than you would find in most volleyball-specific shoes.