The higher the altitude, the faster will be the shuttlecock. It is because the air density is lower compared to an area near sea level. If you are playing on a lower ground (for example, below sea level), the speed of the feather birdie will be slower. So, you must choose according to the altitude of the area.
Also question is, which shuttlecock is best for badminton?
best badminton shuttlecock in India
- Yonex Mavis 350 Nylon Shuttlecock (Pack of 6) …
- Victor NS 3000 6 Pieces Nylon Shuttlecock (Set of 2) …
- SUPER SONA Vins Nylon Shuttlecock. …
- Yonex Mavis 10 Nylon 6 Shuttlecocks. …
- COSCO AERO 727 SHUTTLE COCKS-NYLON.
Then, what are the two types of shuttlecock?
Types of Shuttlecocks:
- Feather Shuttlecocks.
- Plastic/Synthetic Shuttlecocks.
- Hybrid Shuttlecocks.
What are badminton balls called?
People, especially new players, prefer plastic shuttlecocks because they are more durable as well, as they are more economical when compared to feather ones. … Feather shuttles offer more control, deep and high clears, amazing sound but not very durable in comparison to Plastic.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
The badminton smash
The badminton court is 13.4m long and 6.1m wide. For singles the court is marked 5.18m wide. The lines marking out the court are easily distinguishable and coloured white or yellow. The lines are 40mm wide.