Simply so, how do you get more topspin in tennis?
Subsequently, how can I improve my TT skills?
10 Key Tips to Advance Your Table Tennis Game
- Know what spin is on the ball. …
- Compensate for the spin with your racket angle. …
- Use your whole body when you stroke your forehand. …
- Maintain a good ready position. …
- Train your strokes until they are automatic. …
- Use your own table tennis racket. …
- Develop sidespin serves.
What are basic skills of table tennis?
The four basic table tennis shots: Forehand Drive. Backhand Drive. Forehand Push.
How do you play forehand topspin vs backspin?
- Start with your bat below waist height.
- Close your bat angle slightly.
- Bend your knees and rotate backwards from your waist.
- As the ball approaches, push up with your legs, rotate forwards and accelerate your bat upwards.
- Contact the ball just in front of your body.
But sometimes, if the ball is higher, a flat hit may be a better option than playing topspin. It’s useful to be able to play both shots – topspin and a flat hit. This will add more variety to your attacking game. If you normally topspin everything, try throwing in the occasional flat hit.
Rafael Nadal led The “Big Three” with the most backhand topspin (1252 rpm), followed by Novak Djokovic (1148 rpm) and Roger Federer (548 rpm).
Continental forehand grip