- Support your forearm on a table with palm facing down.
- Hold a weight in the hand of your injured side.
- Use your other hand to bend your wrist up.
- Then let go of your wrist and use just your injured side to lower the weight slowly back to the starting position.
- Repeat 3 sets of 15, 2 times a day.
Regarding this, is badminton bad for your wrist?
Wrist pain is a prevalent badminton injury.
Considering this, what are the most common injuries in badminton?
5 common badminton injuries and how to manage them effectively
- Ankle sprains. A sprained ankle is the single most common injury among badminton players. …
- Tennis elbow. Tennis elbow occurs as a result of gripping activities, such as the gripping of a racquet. …
- Rotator cuff injury.
What is backhand grip in badminton?
The backhand grip, also known as the thumb grip, is similar to the forehand grip except the complete bottom of the thumb is in contact with the 3rd bevel and the index finger is lowered down to a position below the thumb.
Can you strain your wrist?
Anyone can sprain or strain their hands, wrists, or elbows. Hand, elbow, and wrist sprains are when a ligament is torn. Hand, elbow, and wrist strains are when a tendon is strained or stretched. Hand, elbow, and wrist sprain and strains are often caused by overuse, activities requiring repetitive motions, and trauma.
How can Badminton injuries be avoided?
The risk of all lower body injuries may be reduced by up to 50% by regular participation in a balance training exercise program with a resistance training component, such as a neuromuscular training warm-up program.
How do I stop my knees from hurting when playing badminton?
Why does arm hurt after badminton?
This inflammation is caused by prolonged gripping activities such as when gripping a racquet during badminton. Tennis elbow causes pain when the outer part of the elbow (lateral epicondyle) is touched, and also if the elbow is straight and the hand is moved forward and back at the wrist.