You can reduce your risk of rotator cuff injury by concentrating on the flexibility, endurance and strength of your shoulder muscles. You should aim to increase your training gradually in order to avoid overloading your muscles.
Also to know is, what exercises are bad for rotator cuff?
Some of the exercises that people should stay away from include:
- Throwing a ball in an overhead fashion, particularly heavy balls.
- Avoid swimming, in particular, the strokes that involve an overhand motion.
- Lifting weights that place stress on the shoulder and rotator cuff.
Correspondingly, what is the common injuries in playing badminton?
Injuries to the lower extremities are most common, including sprains and fractures, as well as shoulder injuries. Ankle injuries, such as ankle sprains and fractures, are one of the most common badminton injuries. There is a high incidence of Achilles tendon rupture in badminton players.
How do you strengthen rotator cuff?
Rotator cuff exercises
- Lie flat on the back, extend the arms and legs, and engage the abdominal muscles.
- Reach one arm toward the ceiling, lifting it until the shoulder blade comes off the floor.
- Hold for 5 seconds.
- Return arm to the floor.
- Repeat on the other side.
Younger badminton players also struggle with injuries and pain in their knees, hips, shins and feet. Achilles tendon ruptures are also fairly common within this sport, especially among older players.
3 Little-Known Ways to Help Your Rotator Cuff Heal Faster
- Take nutritional supplements. Some experts advocate taking nutritional supplements to help a rotator cuff tear heal. …
- Stop smoking. If you have surgery for your rotator cuff tear, then you should stop smoking. …
- Change your sleeping position.
The most common symptoms of a rotator cuff tear include:
- Pain at rest and at night, particularly if lying on the affected shoulder.
- Pain when lifting and lowering your arm or with specific movements.
- Weakness when lifting or rotating your arm.
- Crepitus or crackling sensation when moving your shoulder in certain positions.
Pushups, pitching a baseball, swimming, house painting, filing, building construction, auto mechanic work and other activities can cause injury of the rotator cuff.