A high-speed game of table tennis can burn 270 calories in a 150 pound person and improve your concentration and reflexes. It also helps your cardiovascular system and improves your overall fitness level.
Just so, is table tennis good for fitness?
Aside from being a fun way to spend an afternoon with your family and friends, table tennis also offers surprisingly great health benefits. Like most sports, table tennis offers great mind-body stimulation, aerobic exercise, and social interaction.
Likewise, people ask, is table tennis good for your brain?
“Table tennis is the perfect activity to keep well. It doesn’t only keep your body fit, it keeps your brain fit. … The study showed that table tennis improved more brain function than dancing, walking, gymnastics or resistance training.
How many calories does an hour of table tennis burn?
The average person burns 275-400 calories per hour playing ping pong.
Official Rules of Table Tennis
- GAMES ARE PLAYED TO 11 POINTS. …
- ALTERNATE SERVES EVERY TWO POINTS. …
- TOSS THE BALL STRAIGHT UP WHEN SERVING. …
- THE SERVE CAN LAND ANYWHERE IN SINGLES. …
- DOUBLES SERVES MUST GO RIGHT COURT TO RIGHT COURT. …
- A SERVE THAT TOUCHES THE NET ON THE WAY OVER IS A “LET” …
- ALTERNATE HITTING IN A DOUBLES RALLY.
Table tennis offers moderate-intensity activity, which is good for your heart. Along with lots of other benefits. You’ll need good hand-eye coordination. You may find yours improving the more you play.
The main muscles you use if you play table tennis are:
- Gastrocnemius and soleus (lower leg)
- Rotator cuff.
- Wrist flexors and extensors.