Badminton takes its name from Badminton House—home of the Duke of Beaufort in the English county of Gloucestershire. In 1873, the Duke is credited with bringing a version of the game—Poona—back from India and introducing it to his guests.
Likewise, people ask, how is the game of badminton played?
Accordingly, what is the purpose of the game badminton?
Badminton – an overview and history of the sport
The aim of the game is to win points by hitting a shuttlecock across the net and into your opponent’s court forcing your opponent to make an error and be unable to return the shuttlecock back.
What is the old name of badminton?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|1||Grip||Back Hand Forehand|
|2||Stance||Attacking Stance Defensive Stance Net Stance|
|3||Footwork||Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
There are 3 basic serves; High Serve (used in singles only, Low Serve (used in both singles and doubles) and Flick serve (used in doubles).