The “shuttle” part of the name is derived from its back-and-forth motion during the game, resembling the shuttle of a 14th-century loom, while the “cock” part of the name is derived from the resemblance of the feathers to those on a rooster.
In this way, what is the game Shuttle?
Badminton, court or lawn game played with lightweight rackets and a shuttlecock. Historically, the shuttlecock (also known as a “bird” or “birdie”) was a small cork hemisphere with 16 goose feathers attached and weighing about 0.17 ounce (5 grams).
Regarding this, is shuttle is a sport?
Shuttle badminton is a popular sport played by people of all ages. Played by either two opposing players or two opposing pairs, it is a racket sport. The opposite players or teams take positions on opposite halves of a rectangular shaped court.
What are badminton players called?
Noun. A person who plays badminton, especially professionally. badmintonist.
There are five different types of badminton shots or strokes: Serves, clears, smashes, drives and drops.
He was ranked World No. 1 in 1980; the same year he became the first Indian to win the All England Open Badminton Championships.
|Born||10 June 1955 Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
Forehand Grip and Backhand Grip
- Forehand grip to hit forehand shots.
- Backhand grip to hit backhand shots.