Fan Zhendong is currently the world’s best table tennis player. So naturally, therefore, it’s obvious that he is earning a hefty amount of prize money. Similarly, in 2018, he has won the men’s single world tournament in Kazakhstan, where he received prize money of $1,670,00.
One may also ask, how much money does a professional table tennis player make?
International players may earn between $3,000 and $35,000 per win during regular season matches. Dimitrij Ovtcharov and Timo Bollgot paid $16000 per match in the Chinese super league. If you are one of top 10 players, then your income would be in millions. But the expenses are not less too.
Also to know is, who is the richest tennis player in the world 2019?
Here’s a quick recap of the 25 richest tennis players in the world:
- Ion Tiriac – $2 Billion.
- Roger Federer – $450 Million.
- Novak Djokovic – $200 Million.
- Rafael Nadal – $180 Million.
- Serena Williams – $180 Million.
- Andre Agassi – $175 Million.
- Pete Sampras – $150 Million.
- Maria Sharapova – $135 Million.
Which sport has highest salary?
- Conor McGregor. Mixed Martial Arts. $180M. $22M. $158M.
- Lionel Messi. Soccer. $130M. $97M. $33M.
- Cristiano Ronaldo. Soccer. $120M. $70M. $50M.
- Dak Prescott. Football. $107.5M. $97.5M. $10M.
- LeBron James. Basketball. $96.5M. $31.5M. $65M.
- Neymar. Soccer. $95M. $76M. $19M.
- Roger Federer. Tennis. $90M. $30K. $90M.
- Lewis Hamilton. Auto Racing. $82M. $70M. $12M.
G.O.A.T. Ma Long
A February 2011 article for Yahoo Sports notes that ping-pong players may earn between $3,000 and $35,000 per win during regular season matches. However, the article notes that championship wins for such tournaments as the International Table Tennis Federation can earn players as much as $40,000.
Ma Long of China
1. Jan-Ove Waldner. Jan-Ove Waldner is regarded by many as the best table tennis player of all time. He is the most successful non-Chinese Table Tennis player termed as “Mozart of Table Tennis,” and also called Lǎo Wǎ (Old Waldner) and Cháng Qīng Shù (Evergreen Tree) in China.
|ITTF Women’s World Ranking, as of 31 August 2021|
|1||Chen Meng ( CHN )||13,850|
|2||Sun Yingsha ( CHN )||11,240|
|3||Mima Ito ( JPN )||11,198|
Ma Lin (table tennis)
|Born||February 19, 1980 Shenyang, Liaoning, China|
|Playing style||Chinese Penhold|