|1||Antonio Benjamin Li||8,960|
|5||Fernando (Nando) Ricardo Astan||6,750|
Regarding this, does Canada have a badminton team?
Yonex Canadian National Team – Badminton Canada.
In this manner, does Canada have an Olympic team?
Canada has won at least one medal at every Olympics
|Canada at the Olympics|
|Website||www.olympic.ca (in English and French)|
|Medals Ranked 15th||Gold 144 Silver 172 Bronze 209 Total 525|
Where is badminton most popular?
Whilst badminton is a minority sport in the US it is widely played in Britain, Denmark, Sweden, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Korea and several other countries. Britain alone has 4 million players, about 8% of the population. As a spectator sport it is very popular in the far east.
Badminton has been included in the Commonwealth Games since 1966, and Canadians have won gold medals in the men’s singles and women’s doubles events, and silver and bronze medals in all the other events.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
Invented in India in a version called poona. British army officers learned the game about 1870. In 1873 the duke of Beaufort introduced the sport at his country estate, Badminton, from which the game derives its name.