Notes: India is the birthplace of Badminton. The game was invented in India in a version called Poona. British army officers learned the game about 1870. In 1873 the Duke of Beaufort introduced the sport at his country estate, Badminton, from which the game derives its name.
Beside this, who is known as the father of Badminton?
The ‘father’ of badminton is generally accepted to be the Duke of Beaufort who lived in Gloucestershire, in England. The Duke’s residence, called Badminton House on the Badminton Estate, thus became the name of the game as it is commonly used nowadays.
Similarly one may ask, what is the old name of badminton?
Who first invented badminton?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
Badminton, court or lawn game played with lightweight rackets and a shuttlecock. … The game is named for Badminton, the country estate of the dukes of Beaufort in Gloucestershire, England, where it was first played about 1873.
badminton racquet; battledore; racket; racquet.
5 Pieces of Equipment All Serious Badminton Players Need
- Badminton Racket. Of course, you will need a badminton racket if you plan on playing badminton! …
- Racket weight. …
- Badminton Racket Strings. …
- Racket Grip size. …
- Grips. …
- Grip Powder. …