Where to Get a Racket Re-Strung
- Tennis Boom. 1732 Sheepshead Bay Road. …
- Alley Pond Tennis Center. www.alleypondtenniscenter.com.
- New York Badminton Center. 132-68 34th Avenue. …
- Performance Tennis. 34-28 214th Place. …
- RPNY Tennis at CityView Racquet Club. …
- USTA BJK National Tennis Center. …
- Central Park Tennis Center. …
- City Sports.
Similarly, how much does a tennis racket cost?
In the USA, the bulk of tennis racket prices will fall into the price range of $15 – 300. A good club player might expect to pay anything between $150 and $250, depending upon their enthusiasm for the latest design.
Likewise, people ask, what is a good tennis racket to buy?
The Best Tennis Racquets for 2021
|#1||Babolat Pure Strike 16×19||8.88|
|#2||Head Graphene 360+ Speed PMP||8.75|
|#3||Babolat Pure Aero 2019||8.73|
|#4||Wilson Pro Staff 97 v13||8.68|
What racket size do I need?
Racquet Length Chart
|6-8 years||45-49 inches||23 inches|
|9-10 years||50-55 inches||25 inches|
|10 or older||55 inches or taller||26 inches|
|Adults||Any height||27-29 inches|
When choosing a racket, there are three elements which affect power and control: headsize, weight, and string pattern.
- Larger Headsize = More Power; Smaller Headsize = More Control.
- Lighter Racket = More Power; Heavier Racket = More Control.
- Open Stringbed = More Power; Denser Stringbed = More Control.
Tennis Fun Facts
- Before tennis players used rackets, people would use the palm of their hands to hit the ball back and forth over the net. …
- Before yellow tennis balls, they were white. …
- The origin of the tennis term “love” is unknown. …
- During a match, a player on average runs 3 miles. …
- Racket versus racquet.
On the other hand, the Babolat is made from advanced graphite, which is strong and dramatically more expensive to create. As a result, the baseline price of this tennis racquet is going to be higher.
Assuming you’re willing to spend some money on your equipment, we’d recommend this player re-string their racket once a month. Whether you’re playing in leagues or starting to enter a tournament or two, it’s important to maintain your strings’ tension for consistent performance as you start to compete.
The cost not only depends on the player but also on the features of the racket. Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray use rackets produced by Head, which cost between €250-€280 or around $307-$344. Roger Federer’s, Wilson Pro Staff RF 97 Autograph costs around €270 or about $344.
As a general rule you should re-string each year as often as you play per week. If you play twice per week, you should restring your racket twice per year. All strings gradually stretch and lose their resiliency or go dead, even if you play infrequently.