is that football is (general) a sport played on foot in which teams attempt to get a ball into a goal or zone defended by the other team while badminton is a racquet sport played indoors on a court by two opposing players (singles) or two opposing pairs of players (doubles), in which a shuttlecock is volleyed over a …
In this regard, does a badminton player run more than a football player?
Badminton is considered a good sport to help build and maintain overall fitness. During an average game, players jump, run, turn and twist in many different directions. In fact, a top-level amateur badminton player runs more in a badminton game than a football end does during a one-hour football game.
Also to know is, what was badminton called in China?
What are the disadvantages of playing badminton?
There are also disadvantages to playing badminton.
- Sprained Ankle.
- Achilles Tendonitis.
- Tennis Elbow.
- Rotator Cuff Injury.
- Patella Tendonitis.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
He was ranked World No. 1 in 1980; the same year he became the first Indian to win the All England Open Badminton Championships.
|Born||10 June 1955 Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
The badminton smash