Improves inter personal skills
Badminton is a two person sport. Playing against an opponent will not only help improve your game but also enables you to learn and cultivate good values such as fair play and sportsmanship. In case of doubles you get a chance to partner up with another and form a team.
Just so, what are the benefits of playing badminton essay?
Top 10 Health Benefits Of Playing Badminton!
- Helps to stay fit and lose weight. …
- Helps in maintaining physique and muscle toning. …
- Improves metabolic rate. …
- Increases concentration and reflex action. …
- Improves heart functioning. …
- Improves muscle strength and flexibility. …
- Increases bone density. …
- Decreases the risk of diabetes.
Then, how do you feel about playing badminton?
RELIEVE STRESS AND ANXIETY
The substantial psychological and physical benefits of playing badminton will also help you boost your mood, reduce stress, and reduce anxiety. Your brain will release endorphins, the brain’s feel-good neurotransmitters, that enhance your sense of well-being.
What are the basic skills in badminton?
Here are nine basic skills you need to learn to play Badminton:
- Knowing how to warm up properly.
- The basic forehand and backhand grip.
- The basic six corners footwork.
- The split step or the ready stance.
- The basic shots.
- Perception and anticipation.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Rhythm and timing.
A healthy heart is essential to ensure your body functions correctly and properly. Badminton decreases the levels of ‘bad’ cholesterol, which can block your blood vessels and improves the levels of good cholesterol. This leads to a reduced risk of hypertension (high blood pressure), heart attack and stroke.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
Physical activity or exercise can improve your health and reduce the risk of developing several diseases like type 2 diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular disease. Physical activity and exercise can have immediate and long-term health benefits. Most importantly, regular activity can improve your quality of life.
During game play, all official badminton rules should be followed to ensure fairness and safety. Teammates should practice communication to avoid collisions and accidental racket strikes. At no time should the shuttlecock be played directly at an opponent. Doing so could lead to eye injuries.
He was ranked World No. 1 in 1980; the same year he became the first Indian to win the All England Open Badminton Championships.
|10 June 1955 Bangalore, Karnataka, India
|1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
Badminton is in fact a mixture of Poona and another old sport called battledore and shuttlecock. Hence, arguments can be made that Poona, battledore and shuttlecock, or badminton itself is the original name of badminton.