The badminton smash is considered the most powerful shot in badminton and is usually played on the forehand. It is often difficult to return because of the pace and the downward angle of the shot, think of it as a downwards drive. It is best used when the shuttle is high in the air so that it can be angled downwards.
Just so, who is God of badminton?
Is Lin Dan on the decline or is it the start of something new? Born in Fujiyan China, Lin Dan (or Super Dan as his fans appropriately call him), is considered as the greatest of all players to have ever played the game of badminton.
Also question is, what is smash in badminton?
The badminton smash is mainly used for attacking. It often acts as a winning shot in any badminton rallies. Basically a smash is an offensive shot shot fired from a high point and travels down steeply towards your opponent.
What is the most difficult skill in badminton?
The backhand clear is considered by most players and coaches to be the most difficult basic stroke in the game, since precise technique is needed in order to muster enough power for the shuttlecock to travel the full length of the court.
Basic Badminton Shots
- Clear shot. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. Played from: Back court. …
- Drop. Trajectory: Looping close to the net. …
- Drive. Trajectory: Flat, towards the body. …
- Smash. Trajectory: Close to the net. …
- Net Lift. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. …
- Net Kill. Trajectory: Flat and downwards.
Saina Nehwal is the first Indian badminton player to become world No. 1.
BWF World Rankings
|RANK||COUNTRY / TERRITORY||POINTS / TMTS|
|1||TPE||106,075 / 17|
|2||CHN||96,465 / 17|
|3||ESP||95,800 / 18|
|4||JPN||91,586 / 19|
17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|3||Footwork||Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
|5||Smash||Fore Hand Smash Back Hand Smash Jumping Smash|
Types of Badminton Shots: Learn to Use the Badminton Clear, Drop Shot, Net Shot and Smash to Win Rallies
- Defensive Badminton Clear/Lob. This is the most basic badminton shot. …
- Badminton Drop Shot. The badminton drop shot is semi-offensive. …
- Badminton Smash. …
- Badminton Net Kill.
Basically there are 4 common strokes in badminton; which include the:
- Overhead Forehand Stroke.
- Overhead Backhand Stroke.
- Underarm Forehand Stroke.
- Underarm Backhand Stroke.