Also question is, how much does it cost to build an outdoor badminton court?
Investments run into crores; on an average, a wooden court costs Rs 20-25 lakh.
In this way, how wide is a backyard badminton net?
The badminton net should have a width of approximately 20 feet so that it may cover the court. It should have 5 feet to 5-feet 1-inch height at different areas of the net at standard heights.
What is the official court size?
Dimensions of the court are 29’6″ feet by 59′ feet and are measured from the outer edge of the boundary lines.
Badminton court size
The court has two halves measuring 6.7m (22 ft) each and separated by a badminton net that stands 1.55m (5ft 1in) high at the ends and dips to 1.52m (5 ft) in the middle. The two playing areas on either side of the net are further vertically divided down the middle demarking the service areas.
Decide where to make your badminton court.
- If you are on the grass, mow the lawn. …
- If you are on rubble, sand or dirt, make sure there aren’t too many rocks to step on or anything. …
- If you are on cement or hard ground, make sure that you are in a place where it won’t get too hot from the sun.
1. Champion Sports Nylon Outdoor Shuttlecocks. This durable nylon construction shuttlecock is manufactured by champion sports. This is nylon based shuttlecock so it’s perfect for outdoor play.
Types of badminton courts
- Wooden court.
- Synthetic court (PVC/PU)
- Acrylic court.
- Cement Court (not recommended)
There are five different types of badminton shots or strokes: Serves, clears, smashes, drives and drops.
According to badminton rules and regulations for doubles, the side of doubles that win a rally adds a point to its score. When both sides reach 20 all, the side which gains a 2-point lead first, wins that game. When both sides reach 29 all, the side scoring the 30th point, wins that game.
There is a minimum area of ground space required for safe play. The court should measure at least 1,620 square feet. The overall length of a badminton court should be 13.4 metres long (44 feet) by 6.3 metres wide (20 feet). Diagonally, the full length of the badminton ground area is 14.366 metres.