1. badminton court – the court on which badminton is played. badminton – a game played on a court with light long-handled rackets used to volley a shuttlecock over a net. court – a specially marked horizontal area within which a game is played; “players had to reserve a court in advance”
Also know, what is the use of court in badminton?
Badminton Courts are the rectangular surfaces used for the racket sport of badminton. divided in half by a center badminton net, courts are usually marked for both singles or doubles games with boundary widths varying between the two match types.
Herein, what is the best definition of badminton?
Badminton is a sport in which light rackets are used to volley an object—called a shuttlecock, shuttle, birdie, or bird—back and forth over a high net. Unlike other similar sports, such as tennis, badminton is not played with a ball—the shuttlecock is a kind of feathered cone with a cork head.
Who is the father of badminton?
He was ranked World No. 1 in 1980; the same year he became the first Indian to win the All England Open Badminton Championships.
|Born||10 June 1955 Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
The badminton court is 13.4m long and 6.1m wide. For singles the court is marked 5.18m wide. The lines marking out the court are easily distinguishable and coloured white or yellow. The lines are 40mm wide.
17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|3||Footwork||Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
|5||Smash||Fore Hand Smash Back Hand Smash Jumping Smash|
Badminton Court Dimensions
- Badminton Court. Dimensions Diagram. …
- Overall Court Dimensions. The overall dimensions of a badminton court is 20 feet by 44 feet. …
- The Net Line. …
- Short Service Line. …
- Center Line. …
- Side Line for Singles Play. …
- Back Boundary Line and Long Service Line for Singles. …
- Long Service Line for Doubles.
The truth is, there are 3 important ways of gripping the racket handle to execute different types of shots.
- Forehand Grip. One of the most common styles of grip that your badminton friends or your parents teach you. …
- Backhand Grip. Thumb laid flat on the side of the handle. …
- Universal Grip.