Additionally, what are the different shots in table tennis?
The four basic table tennis shots:
- Forehand Drive.
- Backhand Drive.
- Forehand Push.
- Backhand Push.
In this manner, who is the best table tennis player in the world?
What are the 5 rules of table tennis?
The 5 Basic Rules Of Playing Table Tennis
- 1.No Hands On The Table. Believe it or not, leaning your hands on the table is not allowed in the sport. …
- When Serving, The Ball Must Be Thrown 15mm. …
- If The Ball Hits The Net On Service, You Should Serve Again. …
- The Ball Must Be Held In A Flat Palm Above The Table. …
- Rubber Colors.
The speed of the fastest serve
So until now, the fastest serve in table tennis is made by Asuka Sakai. The highest speed recorded is: 54 km/h, equivalent to 15 m/s or 33.5 mph. That is very impressive, considering the initial state of the ball is like stationary.
To play this stroke, stand close to the table and take a stance facing the line of play. Using a short stroke, your racket arm should move from the elbow in a horizontal plane whilst your free arm should point towards the ball to assist with your balance.
Chop. A chop or cut is the defensive shot, backspin counterpart to the offensive loop. A chop is essentially a bigger, heavier slice, taken well back from the table. The racket face points primarily horizontally, perhaps a little bit upward, and the direction of the stroke is straight down.
The result was a stunning 766 shot rally that lasted over 10 minutes and only got stopped because a second ball was accidentally dropped into the play area — halting the point. The rally is going to go down as the longest in modern table tennis.
Chinese challenger Xie Desheng hit 35 balls launched by an artificial intelligence ping-pong robot on Wednesday in Beijing, setting a new Guinness World Record for hitting the most ping-pong balls with a nunchaku in one minute.
10 World Records to break while you are stuck at home
- Most socks put on one foot in 30 seconds. …
- Tallest toilet paper tower in 30 seconds. …
- Fastest time to arrange the alphabet from a can of alphabet spaghetti. …
- Most Smarties eaten in 60 seconds blindfolded using chopsticks. …
- Fastest time to assemble Mr.