Similarly one may ask, what is difference between racket and badminton?
The rackets used in tennis games are much larger and weigh a lot more than those used in badminton. A badminton racket is narrower all round and has a relatively smaller head. It weighs about 100g compared to the 350g that a tennis racket weighs.
Regarding this, what is the racket called in badminton?
Can you touch the net in badminton?
If you touch the net or the posts, you lose the rally. This commonly happens with /articles/net-kills>net kills: if the shuttle is tight to the net, it can be hard to play a net kill without hitting the net with your racket. You are not allowed to reach over the net to play your shot.
So is Tennis or Badminton harder? If you take the various areas of comparison for each sport we find that Badminton is a lot harder physically when it comes to speed, agility and explosive power. Badminton also has a lot more variations of strokes compared to Tennis so there is more to learn.
Forehand Grip and Backhand Grip
- Forehand grip to hit forehand shots.
- Backhand grip to hit backhand shots.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
Therefore, it is an indoor game because shuttlecock weight consisting of either feather or plastic is about 4.75 gm to 5.5gm. … When you play outdoors, the trajectory and pace of a shuttlecock can be hampered by even the slightest breeze. That’s why badminton halls do not have fans built and just air conditioning.
A game of Badminton is played between two players by using racquets to hit a shuttlecock across a net. It can be played as “singles” (with one player per side) and “doubles” (with two players per side).