Badminton is a sport which is very common and is played worldwide. It mainly involves hitting the shuttlecock back and forth with the help of a racquet across the net between two players or four players. The racquet has to hit a web made of steel, which is oblong-shaped.
Moreover, why badminton is your Favourite game?
Badminton is a sport that makes me feel active and healthy while having fun. It is the source of my energy. Playing this sport makes me feel strong and confident. Each stroke of the racket makes the typical “whoosh” sound that I love.
Furthermore, what are the benefits of badminton essay?
Top 10 Health Benefits Of Playing Badminton!
- Helps to stay fit and lose weight. …
- Helps in maintaining physique and muscle toning. …
- Improves metabolic rate. …
- Increases concentration and reflex action. …
- Improves heart functioning. …
- Improves muscle strength and flexibility. …
- Increases bone density. …
- Decreases the risk of diabetes.
Why do u like Badminton?
This simple yet effective sport offers fun for all, especially those with a competitive streak. … What’s more, because it’s an indoor sport, you won’t have to suffer the cold winter chill to get your heart pumping and your body moving. Badminton offers so much more than an escape from the outdoors.
Badminton is a racket sport played by either two opposing players (singles) or two opposing pairs (doubles), who take positions on opposite halves of a rectangular court that is divided by a net. … Badminton is also played outdoors as a casual recreational activity, often as a garden or beach game.
Invented in India in a version called poona. British army officers learned the game about 1870. In 1873 the duke of Beaufort introduced the sport at his country estate, Badminton, from which the game derives its name.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
Badminton first appeared in the Olympic Games as a demonstration sport in 1972 and as an exhibition sport in 1988. At the 1992 Games it became a full-medal Olympic sport, with competition for men’s and women’s singles (one against one) and doubles (two against two).
Characteristics of Badminton
- Very quick, rapid movement.
- World’s fastest racket sport.
- Requires lots of endurance.
- Short rallies (mostly 6-12 seconds)
- High-intensity rallies.
Playing badminton regularly can help strengthen the heart muscle and limit the risk of blood vessels clogging, reducing your risk of CHD. It also counts as a moderate-intensity activity, so it’s a great way to get some of your recommended minimum 150 minutes a week.
It is a sport that explores speed changes, reaction time demands, muscular strength and endurance challenges, and is heart-pumping fun. This newly identified Olympic Sport offers benefits to all who pick up a racket and a shuttle for a test outing on the court.