Similarly, is it a shuttlecock or birdie?
Since some see the name “shuttlecock” as offensive, it is sometimes just called a shuttle. A birdie is the same thing as a shuttlecock. This name comes from the fact that feathers are used in the making of the projectile. Traditionally, sixteen feathers are included in each birdie.
Hereof, what is the preferred type of feather for badminton?
Goose Feathers Badminton Shuttlecocks
Generally speaking, the best badminton shuttles are mostly made with goose feathers and softwood cork. However, you gotta take a look at feathers from which part of a goose was used to make the shuttlecock because that would lead to a huge difference.
What are badminton balls called?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
Therefore, it is an indoor game because shuttlecock weight consisting of either feather or plastic is about 4.75 gm to 5.5gm. … When you play outdoors, the trajectory and pace of a shuttlecock can be hampered by even the slightest breeze. That’s why badminton halls do not have fans built and just air conditioning.