The main difference is that Lawn Tennis is played on a large ground court 23.77m long, and 8.2m wide for singles games and 11m wide for doubles. … Meanwhile, Table Tennis is played on a platform raised 76cm off the ground that is 274cm long and 152.5cm wide, with a 12.25cm high net.
Similarly one may ask, is table tennis related to lawn tennis?
Table tennis, also called (trademark) Ping-Pong, ball game similar in principle to lawn tennis and played on a flat table divided into two equal courts by a net fixed across its width at the middle.
Thereof, what are the 5 rules of table tennis?
Official Rules of Table Tennis
- GAMES ARE PLAYED TO 11 POINTS. …
- ALTERNATE SERVES EVERY TWO POINTS. …
- TOSS THE BALL STRAIGHT UP WHEN SERVING. …
- THE SERVE CAN LAND ANYWHERE IN SINGLES. …
- DOUBLES SERVES MUST GO RIGHT COURT TO RIGHT COURT. …
- A SERVE THAT TOUCHES THE NET ON THE WAY OVER IS A “LET” …
- ALTERNATE HITTING IN A DOUBLES RALLY.
What are the 3 original names of the table tennis?
Some of the names that it was known by are:
- Ping-Pong or Gossima.
- Table Tennis.
- Whiff Waff.
- Lots of others.
Let – a serve is called a let when the ball hits the net cord but still lands in the service court. Such a serve is not considered a fault and the server may repeat the service attempt.
Though Table Tennis evolved, along with Badminton and Lawn Tennis, from the ancient game of Tennis (also known as Jeu de Paume, Real tennis, Court Tennis or Royal Tennis), the game was developed after Lawn Tennis became popular in the 1880s.