Then, how much does a synthetic badminton court cost?
Green Badminton Court Synthetic Flooring, Warranty: 5-10 Years, Thickness: 3.5-8 mm, Rs 75 /square feet | ID: 14390795962.
Also question is, which flooring is best for badminton?
A Wooden flooring is arguably the best choice to have as a badminton court flooring because it is area elastic floor surface. In fact, the Badminton World Federation (BWF) itself recommends wooden flooring.
What is the size of badminton court?
The badminton court is 13.4m long and 6.1m wide. For singles the court is marked 5.18m wide. The lines marking out the court are easily distinguishable and coloured white or yellow. The lines are 40mm wide.
Therefore, this arrangement is the most widely preferred on professional circuits. All of these factors mean that synthetic/hybrid flooring is preferable to wooden flooring on badminton courts for players of all ages and skill levels. So hands down, the Synthetic courts are the winners!
Decide where to make your badminton court.
- If you are on the grass, mow the lawn. …
- If you are on rubble, sand or dirt, make sure there aren’t too many rocks to step on or anything. …
- If you are on cement or hard ground, make sure that you are in a place where it won’t get too hot from the sun.
Investments run into crores; on an average, a wooden court costs Rs 20-25 lakh.
Base: The base of a synthetic turf field is a solid foundation that provides stability for the rest of the system. It is made of gravel (which typically consists of 2 layers: coarse gravel and fine gravel). Some areas of the country use materials like crushed limestone while others use decomposed granite.
Basic Installation Method Sports Turf
- Excavate 3-5 inches of the native soil; an optional weed barrier may be laid down on top of the excavated area.
- Fill in 3-4 inches with a crushed rock base, compacted to 90%-95% compaction, leaving 3/4 inch before reaching the height of the concrete edge.
Silica sand is the most common and effective option of sand infill. This sand is often made specifically for artificial grass. This sand infill supports protection from UV rays, which means your turf will look amazing for longer. Acrylic sand infill is another popular choice for artificial grass.