Almost all table tennis rubbers are currently available in both red and black, but pre-1986 rubbers were also available in yellow, green, blue, purple and many other colours too.
Just so, what is the most expensive table tennis rubber?
The Most Expensive Table Tennis Rubbers. This is a little more tricky. Most people would assume that the Butterfly Tenergy series of rubbers are the most expensive (and arguably the best) on the market. A sheet of Tenergy in the UK will knock you back £49.99, while in the US it comes in at $67.99.
Furthermore, what is the best table tennis rubber for spin?
Rubbers by Highest Spin
|1.||Donic Bluestorm Z1 Turbo||9.6|
|2.||Tibhar Grip-S Europe||9.6|
|3.||Butterfly Dignics 09C||9.6|
|4.||TSP Super Ventus||9.6|
Why does the table tennis racket have 2 different colors?
In most cases, ping pong paddles that have different colors on each side have a competitive advantage to each side. For example: the black side might allow for less spin than the red side, and vice versa. This allows the players to flip the paddle if they want to return the ball in a certain manner.
Official Rules of Table Tennis
- GAMES ARE PLAYED TO 11 POINTS. …
- ALTERNATE SERVES EVERY TWO POINTS. …
- TOSS THE BALL STRAIGHT UP WHEN SERVING. …
- THE SERVE CAN LAND ANYWHERE IN SINGLES. …
- DOUBLES SERVES MUST GO RIGHT COURT TO RIGHT COURT. …
- A SERVE THAT TOUCHES THE NET ON THE WAY OVER IS A “LET” …
- ALTERNATE HITTING IN A DOUBLES RALLY.
The most expensive rubber on the market is the Butterfly Tenergy 05.
R&D costs money. Sponsorship’s for athletes and events costs money (butterfly does this more than any other and naturally has the highest rubber prices). Overhead and salaries cost money. And players/hobbyists are more that willing to pay the high price.
1) the balance of Zylon to Carbon is different than in the older ZLC blades and since it is being billed as a “new formula” the blades are being sold at a high price because of the “research and development” that went in to making them.