Also, what are the important badminton tournaments?
Major tournaments: Olympic Games in co-operation with International Olympic Committee. World Championships. Thomas Cup.
Secondly, what is Grand Slam in badminton?
Badminton is set to take a big leap forward on the road to a “Grand Slam” of three or four tournaments each year as part of its revamped Super Series.
Who won badminton 2020?
2020 BWF World Tour Finals
|Pak Kret, Nonthaburi, Thailand
Clear – A shot hit deep to the opponent’s back boundar>Nine. The high clear is a defensive shot, while the flatter attacking clear is used offensively.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
Forehand Grip and Backhand Grip
- Forehand grip to hit forehand shots.
- Backhand grip to hit backhand shots.
The original name of badminton is Poona, which comes from a city of the same name in India where badminton was popular among British military officers. The name and rules for Poona were first known to be made in 1873.