Here is our list of the 9 best overgrips for tennis racquets.
- Wilson Pro Overgrip– Best for Comfort.
- Gamma Supreme Overgrip.
- Head Super Comp Overgrip.
- Wilson Ultra Wrap.
- Tourna Mega Tac– Best Tacky Overgrip.
- Yonex Super Grap Overgrip.
- Babolat Pro Tour Overgrip– Thin for Greater Feel.
- Head Xtreme Soft Overgrip.
In this regard, what kind of tape do you use for tennis grips?
Many tennis players choose to use overgrip tape in order to get a better “grip” on the tennis racket and provide more comfort and shock absorption.
Consequently, what is tennis tape called?
An overgrip (also known as an overwrap) is a soft, padded, clothlike tape wrapped around the grip of a racquet, and are commonly used in the sport of tennis, badminton, squash, and pickleball. … The type of overgrip used can significantly impact the amount of slippage.
What Overgrips do pros use?
Top 6 Tennis Overgrips That the Pros Swear By in 2020
- Yonex Super Grap Overgrip: Best Overall Tennis Overgrip:
- Wilson Pro Overgrip-Comfort: Best Tennis Overgrip for Sweaty Hands:
- Tourna Grip Original Dry Feel Tennis Grip: Best Tennis Overgrip for Beginners.
- Volkl V Tac Tennis Overgrip: Best Tennis Overgrip for Pros.
Grips are either replacement grips OR overgrips. A replacement grip can be applied directly onto the handle of a racquet, they have a sticky backing and offer a reasonable amount of cushioning. An overgrip, on the otherhand, does not have a sticky backing and is typically much thinner.
Many players are curious whether or not they can use an overgrip without a replacement grip. The short answer is yes. … If you remove your thicker base grip and only use an overgrip, your racquet handle is going to be smaller, which can make it difficult for you to maintain control of your racquet.
Ruler Test: To measure grip size using the ruler test, first place the fingers of your racket hand together, then align a ruler’s edge with the the bottom horizontal crease of your palm. Next, measure to the tip of your ring finger, this measurement is your grip size.