STRATEGY #1: Play To Your Strengths.
The first and most common strategy in singles tennis is to know what your key strengths are to utilize them as much as possible. If you’re forehand is your strongest weapon then that’s the shot you’re going to want to try play most.
Secondly, what are the 4 types of tennis styles?
There are four primary styles of singles play in tennis: aggressive baseliner, serve-and-volleyer, counterpuncher, and all-court player.
Herein, how do you always win in tennis?
7 Tips how to win a tennis match
- Positive thinking. You should never think about the loss when going to court. …
- Keep your focus on the actual point. You should never think about things beyond the actual point you are going to play. …
- Always watch the ball. …
- Believe in yourself. …
- Stay with your tactics. …
- Be patient. …
- Enjoy the game.
What is the best tennis strategy?
Tennis Singles Strategy: 8 Tactics to Help You Win!
- Why Singles Strategy Matters in Tennis.
- #1: Out-Rally the Opponent.
- #2: Play Aggressively.
- #3: Play Your Strengths.
- #4: Hit the Ball to the Opponent’s Weakness.
- #5: Attack the Net.
- #6: Bring the Opponent to the Net.
- #7: Use Variety to Create Mistakes or Short balls.
If you’re a baseline attacker yourself, play high to your opponent’s weak side, making him move often by hitting long balls. If you’re a well-rounded player, make sure to vary your shots, break the rhythm of the sequence, keep powerful balls in play, and mix up the moments and ways you choose to attack.
For our purposes, an aggressive player is one who is willing to put pressure on an opponent on every shot. … Although the placement and speed of the shot play a part, more central to the idea of applying pressure is an ability to hurry the opponent.