Alley – Extension of the court by l 1/2 feet on both sides for doubles play. Back Alley – Area between the back boundary line and the long service line for doubles. Backcourt – Back third of the court, in the area of the back boundary lines.
Also question is, what are the 8 basic shots in badminton?
Basic Badminton Shots
- Clear shot. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. Played from: Back court. …
- Drop. Trajectory: Looping close to the net. …
- Drive. Trajectory: Flat, towards the body. …
- Smash. Trajectory: Close to the net. …
- Net Lift. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. …
- Net Kill. Trajectory: Flat and downwards.
- Low serve. …
- High serve. …
- Flick serve. …
- Drive Serve.
Hereof, what are the 5 shots in badminton?
There are five different types of badminton shots or strokes: Serves, clears, smashes, drives and drops.
What are the basic techniques in Badminton?
Badminton Techniques, The Life of Badminton
|Area of the Court||Different Badminton Techniques in that Area|
|Serve / Service||High/Long Serve Short Serve Flick Serve|
|Front Court (Also known as Net Play!)||Lift / Clear Net Shot Net Kill|
|Mid Court||Block Side Drive Shot Lift / Clear|
|Rear Court/ Baseline||Lob Shot Smash Drop Shot|
What are the Badminton rules?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
What are the 6 basic skills of badminton?
Here are 7 basic badminton skills or the fundamental skills of Badminton that you can learn without coaching.
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
|5||Smash||Fore Hand Smash Back Hand Smash Jumping Smash|
What is the most difficult skill in badminton?
The backhand clear is considered by most players and coaches to be the most difficult basic stroke in the game, since precise technique is needed in order to muster enough power for the shuttlecock to travel the full length of the court.